Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. Each week they post a new list and invite bloggers to answer them. This weeks is Top Ten Books On My Winter TBR. So without further ado, here is my list:
1) My True Love Gave To Me edited by Stephanie Perkins – Might as well start off with a christmassy book and this book is the christmassy-iest (?) of them all. Twelve romantic christmas tales written by some of my favourite authors with a stunning cover to boot? Yes, please!
2) Sabriel by Garth Nix – This one has been on my TBR list for a long time and I finally got it last month for my birthday. There is a magical boarding school, dead people who won’t stay dead and a talking cat…its all I ever wanted.
3) The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson – I have heard so many great things about this book and it does sound like a fantastic fantasy novel and world so I am very excited to sit down on a (hopefully) snowy day and give this a read.
4) The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins – I just saw Mockingjay last weekend and since watching it I have had a major urge to re-read this series so that is exactly what I plan on doing this Christmas.
5) Pretties by Scott Westerfeld – This book has been on my shelf for ages and I just haven’t gotten around to read it! I am such a fail but it shall be done this December! It shall, I say!
6) Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor – I AM SO EXCITED TO READ THIS I MIGHT DIE FROM THE ANTICIPATION ALONE. *Clears Throat, Tries to be cool* NOPE! TOO EXCITED! KAROUUUUUUU!
7) Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J Mass – Another re-read but I don’t care! I’m already suffering from Celaena “BAMF” Sardothien withdrawals.
8) Code Name: Verity by Elizabeth Wein – This is another book that has been on my TBR list for a very long time and I just got it for my birthday and I can’t wait to read it. The summary is amazing and I think this is going to be a very powerful, very sad book. Perfect for Christmas!
9) Half-Bad by Sally Green – Another book that has been on my bookshelf for months! But i do plan on reading it in December! Swear!
10) A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin – I am a big fan of the TV series and I read the first book about two years ago but I just never got around to picking up the sequel but this Christmas I will make this hunker my bitch. I am borrowing it from a friend and I will get it done!