Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. Each week they post a new top ten list for bloggers to answer this week is Ten Places Books Have Made Me Want To Visit. Here are my answers:
1) Hogwarts (Harry Potter by JK Rowling) – I know Hogwarts isn’t real…or so they tell us Muggles doesn’t change the fact that I would sell my mother for an opportunity to go there. Sorry mom.
2) Paris (Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins) – I have always wanted to visit Paris and reading Anna and the French Kiss only made me want to go there more – which I did this past summer but I want to go again and have an Anna and the French Kiss tour. Anyone up for a trip next summer?
3) Prague (Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor) – Oh Daughter of Smoke and Bone how you made me fall in love with this city! I mean seriously I really want to go to Prague since reading this book. The second I finished I text my friend and asked her to go! (She said no. Bitch)
4) Barcelona (The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon) – Someone needs to take me to the Cemetery of Forgotton Books – I’ve been wanting to go here since I was twelve. Parents, friends – get on it. (I don’t care if it’s not real.)
5) Idris (The Mortal Instruments/The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare) – I am aware that Shadowhunters have got some problems but I still wouldn’t mind walking around their pretty magic land preferably with a Herondale holding my hand and telling me how pretty I am.
6) Middle Earth ( The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkein.) Doesn’t everyone want to visit a world where Elves look like Orlando Bloom and Viggo Mortensen is King?
7) Edinburgh (Harry Potter by JK Rowling) Yes, Harry Potter locations make the list twice. I’m not even sorry and I’m going there next summer! I will sign the wall of the Harry Potter Cafe!
8) Revka (The Grisha Series by Leigh Bardugo) Just to catch a glimpse of the Darkling to be honest. Damn, he sexy.
9) Terrasen (Throne of Glass series by Sarah. J Maas.) Fae, magic and Celaena Sardothien as it’s Queen – Terrasen is a place I would like to visit (again I might catch sight of Chaol Westfall shirtless!)
10) Serenity (Firefly by Joss Whedon) – This is technically cheating but Firefly is now a comic so it kinda/sorta counts. I would love to live aboard the Serenity with Captain Tightpants and his crew. It would be so much fun and I could learn Chinese – what fun! (BTW: movie, what movie? EVERYBODY IS ALIVE AND WELL.)