Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week the post a new list and this weeks is Top Ten Books People Have Been Telling Me To Read. So, without further ado here are my answers!
1) Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin. I read the first GOT novel and I just haven’t gotten around to reading the remaining four, five? I’m not sure! And my friend keeps telling me that I have to read them. I will – just not when I’m about to start my final year of university. I’ll wait until my first year of perpetual unemployment thank you very much.
2) Anything by Trudi Canavan. One of my best friends is a huge Trudi Canavan fan and she is always trying to get me to read one of her books. I started Priestess of the White earlier this year and I just could not finish it! I just could not get into her world so I don’t think I’ll be reading anymore of Canavans books – at least not anytime soon.
3) The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks. I’m not the biggest romance fan but my friend is and she is always telling me to read The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks. I’m not sure if I ever will, maybe next year if I find myself in need of a summer read.
4) The Scorch Trials (And the rest of The Maze Runner series) by James Dashner. No one person is directly telling me to read this, it’s more of a The-Entire-Freaking-Internet is telling me to read this. I wasn’t too impressed by the Maze Runner but with the excitement for the movie (Dylan O’Brien, hello) I think I’lll give the sequel a chance!
5) Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi. Much like the Maze Runner, I enjoyed but wasn’t too impressed by Shatter Me but everyone keeps telling me that Unravel/Ignite Me is worth a read. It is definitely on my TBR list just not near the top.
6) The Selection Series by Kiera Cass. This is a book that I’m not sure I want to read but the internet seems to be conspiring against me. No matter what website or blog I’m on The Selection has been making an appearance! At this point I might just read it just to make the universe stop.
7) Landline by Rainbow Rowell. Literally everyone in the world is saying to read this book. So, I probably will…eventually.