Ladies and Gentlemen, it has finally happened. The day I have been waiting for since I started this blog, I have been tagged! *dramatic angel singing* This is the first time I have ever been tagged for anything, so it’s all very exciting! I want to thank the lovely For the Love f the Page for tagging me and be sure to check her out!
So, let’s get started!
1) What are your top three book pet peeves?
- I don’t like yellow pages! I know this is a weird one because books will inevitably get yellow pages but yeah I hate the sight of them!
- People who open the book so much that they break the spine! It causes me such stress to see it. I want to remove books from the hands of people who do this! It’s Book Abuse! Stop!
- People who don’t return books you give to them. I loaned my friend the first three TMI books about six years ago. She hasn’t read them, at this point it’s clear she is not going to read them but she hasn’t given them back! I’m thinking about fining her at this stage.
2) Describe Your Perfect Reading Spot.
I don’t really have a perfect reading spot! I like reading in bed because it’s quiet and nobody tends to bother me but I also like reading on the train – but only if it’s quiet enough! So anywhere really as long as it’s not too noisy!
3) Tell Us Three Book Confessions.
- I own over three hundred books at the moment.
- I have never read Pride & Prejudice but for years I claimed it was one of my favourite books. (The shame.)
- I love YA and I am not ashamed.
4) When Was The Last Time You Cried During A Book.
I am a stone of a human being. Very little makes me full on cry unless it’s directly relating to animals so while books don’t make me full on cry they do make me choke up and make me a bit teary and the last book to do that was If I Stay by Gayle Forman, particularly the scene where Mia’s grandfather told her it was okay to go if she wanted to. Killed me.
5) How Many Books are on Your Bedside Table.
None. I just finished the Grisha Trilogy and they have been deposited back to my bookcase, so right now there are no books on my bedside table. Sorry.
6) What is Your Favourite Snack While You’re Reading?
I don’t really have snacks when I’m reading. Sure, every now and again I might nibble on chocolate or something but there is no go to snack. I find anyway that if I tried to eat while reading I’d get too distracted by the book and forget the food was there!
7) Name Three Books/Series That You Would Recommend to Anyone!
- Harry Potter by JK Rowling – Obviously
- The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot – Just so, so, so funny!
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins – Sweet, fluffy and oh so perfect
- Honorable mention: Only Ever Yours by Louise O’Neill – Seriously, read this!
8) Show us a Picture of Your Favourite Bookshelf on Your Bookcase.
Ignore all the additional bags that my bookcase also homes! I love the middle shelf here because it’s so bright and colourful – although you can’t really see that well it this photo! But yeah my rainbow fluff shelf is my favourite!
9)Write How Much Books Mean to You in Just Three Words.
They’re my home.
10) What is Your Biggest Reading Secret?
I like big books and I cannot lie…?
Okay, so that is the end of my first ever tag! I hope it was as magical an experience for all of you as it was for me! 😛
So I guess I better tag some people!
Becky @ Beckys Book Talk
Rachel @ Confessions Of A Book Geek
And Emily @ Books and Cleverness