Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they post a new Top Ten List and this weeks is Top Ten Books I’d Give to Reader Who’ve Never Read X and I have chosen Young Adult Books. (Obviously.) So without further ado, here is my list!
1) If I Stay by Gayle Forman – A lot of people criticise YA for not having an emotional depth but I challenge anyone to read this and not cry!
2) 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher – An incredibly beautiful and heart wrenching book. I read this almost seven years ago and my friend and I still talk about it.
3) Only Ever Yours by Louise O’Neill – An amazingly written book, stunning and gripping, set in a future that is all too reminiscent of our present. A book that should be read by everyone.
4) Far From You by Tess Sharpe – If you want to see lesbian and bisexual relationships done right – this is the book for you.
5) Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins – Fun, sweet and breathtakingly adorable. It won’t matter who you are you will adore this book.
6) Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J. Maas – Slightly cheating but once you read the first you’ll want to read the second. A wonderful fantasy book with sensational writing and characters.
7) The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare – Fun, snarky and packs more than one traumatising emotional punch. It will make you a believer.
8) Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell – Sweet, cute but beautifully realistic. Fangirl is a marvellous portrayal of young adult life.
9) The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern – Rich, decadent, simply exquisite. There is no better book to transport you into a world like the Night Circus.
10) Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead – Don’t let the God awful covers fool you, this is a book you are going to love and a series you will devour!