Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish . Each week they post a new Top Ten List and this weeks is Top Ten Bookish Confessions. So here are mine!
1) I frequently tell people that Pride & Prejudice is one of my favourite books. I have never read Pride & Prejudice.
2) I always dogear my books. I own some of the prettiest book marks to ever exist, someone gave me a Newbridge engraved book mark for my 18th birthday and I dogear my books. I don’t dogear my friends books though. They would murder me and I wish to live a bit longer.
3) I am guilty of buying books, putting them on my bookshelf and then never reading them. Some books have been there for years! I’m trying to read them all now – but there are so many good releases coming soon!
4) I did not read the Harry Potter series in the correct order. My mother bought me Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, then I got Goblet of Fire, Half-Blood Prince, Chambers of Secrets, Deathly Hallows, Philosophers Stone and finally the Prisoner of Azkaban. Currently trying to rectify via Summer of Spells!
5) I vandalised my copy of the Order of the Phoenix. I hate my 10 year old self.
6) I am the worst person when it comes to libraries. I get a membership. I frequently renew my membership. I lose my card and pay for a new card but I never go! I’m such a fail.
7) I cringe when people tell me that they have read 50 Shades of Grey or when I see people reading 50 Shades of Grey but a part of me really wants to read it too.
8) I’m a bit of a book snob. I don’t like used books or old books with yellow pages and broken spines. I much prefer to read new, shiny all perfect books. Sorry.
9) I am very unwilling to part with any of my books. I donated some recently but I found it very hard because all the books on my shelf meant something to me at some point in my life and I want to keep them all forever.
10) My dad recently built me a new bookcase. I named her Tallulah.