Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they post a new Top Ten List. This weeks list is Top Ten Cover Trends/Elements that I like or dislike. Without further ado here are mine.
Cover Trend I Like
1) Black covers. I love dramatic black covers. I am always so drawn to them. It might be something left over from my Twilight obsession days but I don’t care. The Night Circus is one of my favourite covers of all time.
2) Dramatic images of Girls in Dresses. I love the gothic sort of feel that these covers provide. A cover like this is pretty much a guarantee that I’ll pick it up the book.
3) New Penguin Classic Covers. I love the new designs by Penguin. I own quite a lot of classics but they’re all made of that really cheap flimsy paper with the standard green covers. So these really leave me very jealous!
4) Stars. I just really like stars.
5) Covers that focus on one part of the body. I don’t know why but covers that focus on one part of the body, eye, leg etc just really speak to me.
Cover Trends I Dislike
1) Full Face on the Cover. I hate these covers. I feel like they’re supposed to be dramatic but I just find them cheesy and awkward.
2) Half Naked People. We get it! There is torrid romance and sexy times in your book doesn’t make your cover any less shit.
3) Really White Covers. Why when you have a beautiful dark cover do you reissue it in pure white? Why?
4) Covers with ugly Buildings. Are you trying to bore me to death?
5) Girls Back and Ponytail. Make this cover stop. I hate it so much.